God works at Praise through the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit…but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. 1 Cor. 12:4-6
Start here if:
...You are interested in practicing the gifts of the Spirit or
...You are interested in knowing how to respond to the gifts of the Spirit.
How to practice the gifts at praise
Ask these questions:
- Does it fit with what the Spirit is doing in the service?
- Would it interrupt what is happening in the service?
- Does it build up, exhort, or comfort those who will hear it?
If it does not follow these guidelines or the timing isn't right,
please write it down and drop it in an offering box.
Additional instructions from 1 Corinthians 14 include:
- Prophesies should be for the building up of the church: for edification, exhortation, or comfort. 1 Cor. 14:12, 1 Cor. 14:4
- All things should be done properly and in order. 1 Cor. 14:40
- We can control how and when we give prophecies or tongues. 1 Cor. 14:31-33
- Tongues should always be interpreted. The primary responsibility should be the one who gave the tongues. 1 Cor. 14:13, 1 Cor. 14:27-28
- Sometimes what we think is for everyone is just for us. 1 Cor. 14:28
- At most two or three prophesies or gifts of tongues should be given. 1 Cor. 14:27, 1 Cor. 14:29
how to respond to the gifts at praise
- We must all judge every prophecy. 1 Cor. 14:29
- We should all seek the gifts of prophecy and tongues and interpretation. 1 Cor. 14:1, 1 Cor. 14:39
If you have questions or are interested in additional information, please contact us at email@example.com.